Monday, May 08, 2006

Peanuts at the Rocks


Every weekend, a section of the main road in Sydney's famous suburb 'The Rocks' gets closed off to vehicles and little market stalls get set up. It's a fabulous location, right next to Circular Quay that houses two famous Sydney landmarks: the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House. It's nice to have a stroll through the markets. They aren't very big, but there are a lot of different types of stalls, and even if you're not into buying souvenirs, very few can resist the smell of hot roasted caramelised peanuts (which is what they're cooking on the front plan of this photo). Mmmmm!

5 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I am really looking forward to visit Sydney because I am so curious!!!
The only timed I popped in town it was just in the airport to take my connecting flight to Nz...I just looked the Opera House anf Harbour bridge from the airplane:-)

9/5/06 9:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Liz. I sure hope you get the opportunity to visit, you won't be disappointed. However, no raining donkeys here (that I've seen)! ;-)

10/5/06 5:27 pm  
Blogger BarelyLiegl said...

Hot roasted caramelised peanuts? Wow, I'll have some!!!

11/5/06 12:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Moonsoleil, do you have those in Germany? Yummy, isn't it?:)

17/5/06 6:01 pm  
Blogger Squirrel said...

vendors in nyc used to call them French Burnt peanuts, then they changed to French Roast Peanuts, Toffee-Peanuts etc... but today I'm sure they have another name--they are on street corners and you smell them before you see them!

27/6/07 12:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home