Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A touch of France


Well, a little commercial, yes, but there are places where you can get a touch of France outside France - although the Delifrance chains may not serve up completely authentic french pastries, sometimes it is close enough (and cheap!). Since taking this photo, however, I noticed that it is no longer there, but has been replaced by a similar cafe called "De la France". Perhaps a more authentic place? For those wondering, Delifrance *could* be found on the corner of George St and Goulburn St in the Sydney CBD.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

I do love French pastries!!!

9/6/06 11:02 pm  
Blogger Meg said...

I like the big guy in funny pants.

5/9/06 9:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi !

There are "delifrance" shops in Hong Kong too, I hope for you guys this one in Sydney is better because in Honk Kong it was very far from what I can have at the corner of my street, anyway... You have a wonderfull city you cannot have everything ;)

13/11/06 7:54 am  
Blogger Matthieu said...

Greetings from Cherbourg-Octeville (France).

19/11/06 1:58 am  
Blogger photolicious said...

Hi there,

I believe Delifrance is a Singapore establishment. I too, was shocked when my French prof told me that in French class. All along I thought it's a quaint little bistro that has made its way into Singapore from France!

The Strange Republic
www.veryclicky.blogspot.com

12/10/07 2:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home